Job Description – Veterinary/Research Assistant
Location – South Charleston, Ohio
Reports to: Director of Veterinary Service
STgenetics Ohio Heifer Center is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a veterinary/research
assistant at our South Charleston, OH location located just 40 minutes from Columbus.
This is a full-time position that will focus on our ongoing, upcoming, and future research needs. This
position is ideal for someone looking to get more advanced large animal veterinary experience. Ideal
candidate is organized, self-directed, and dedicated to high quality large animal medicine.
Job duties include:
• Collect, process, and send research samples for upcoming projects
• Liaison between university researchers and veterinary service team and farm management
• Providing care for calves and heifers and reporting health and condition
• Supporting doctors and veterinary technicians in daily treatments, maintaining medical records,
and animal restraint
• Assisting veterinary team with routine testing, preparing surgical instruments, and
understanding sterile procedures
• Assisting with barn chores and management of facilities and equipment
• High School Diploma and 2- or 4-year degree
• Committed interest in large animal medicine
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Must be able to consistently lift 50+ pounds
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and thrive on new programs
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.