Don’t just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Director of Community Services, at The Waterford located in Juno Beach, Florida.
The Director of Community Services provides leadership through planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating human and physical resources meeting resident satisfaction levels and regulatory requirements while remaining within budgetary controls. This role is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to customer service through resident focused initiatives that support the mission of the community and Lifespace Communities.
A few other details about the role:
- Provide leadership and vision to the department by developing strategic and supporting annual plans to meet the community and Lifespace Communities mission. Implement, evaluate and report on progress of plans.
- Ensure resident satisfaction levels are achieved through quality and hospitality service focused initiatives and systems.
- Develop, implement and monitor preventative maintenance programs for all facilities, related equipment, systems, programs and other department equipment. Explore contracted services by collecting bids and selecting and monitoring vendors. Ensure all regulated facilities, equipment and systems are certified through appropriate governing body.
- Direct resident homes, health center and interior/ exterior renovation projects are successfully completed according to plans.
- Meeting federal, state and local regulatory requirements develop, implement, and direct community security, emergency preparedness, life safety, fire and safety, and other required procedures; ensure procedures are communicated and residents and team members receive training on procedures, conduct periodic drills and implement corrective action as required, maintain implementation and monitoring records as required.
- Set production and quality control standards for the department to include monitoring and implementing corrective action plans as needed.
- Plan and direct oversight of production activities including contracted services ensuring safety standards and regulatory compliance is met.
- Budget preparation and forecasting to include capital expenditures, cost control, inventory and variance reporting. Following community and Lifespace Communities policy, continuously monitor department costs exploring and implementing if applicable, potential operational efficiency models and alternate sources for required resources.
- Oversee all employment related activities to include team member safety, hiring, performance management, corrective action, team member engagement and recognition, and team member development and training.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and enforce department policies.
- Meeting federal, state and local regulatory requirements develop, implement, and maintain emergency preparedness, life safety, fire and safety, and other required procedures; ensure procedures are communicated and residents and team members receive training on procedures, oversee periodic drills and implement corrective action as required, maintain implementation and monitoring records as required.
- Participate and facilitate, as needed, resident, quality, regulatory and safety meetings specific to the department and community.
- Acquire, manage and maintain physical and disposable resources.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace , person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here’s what you need to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent years’ experience will be considered
- Eight to ten years applicable experience
- Two years previous experience engaging and managing contracted services.
- Certifications and licensure required by state regulations.
- A state issued driver’s license with a driving record clear of infractions as defined by current insurance mandates.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the federal, state and local laws, regulations, and guidelines for residential and skilled nursing facility.
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques preferred.
- Knowledge of operations of equipment and other hand or power tools required.
- Some knowledge of furniture refinishing preferred.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Position requires solid decision making, effective time management and delegation skills, able to meet deadlines and to initiate and successfully complete projects.
- Effective supervision skills in providing oversight and direction on department work assignments, scheduling, performance management and staff development.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- English proficiency required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with residents and guests.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's fifth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
- Edegemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, Pennsylvania
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek – Austin, Texas
- The Stayton – Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English