Be part of a growing employee owned company, that has been around for over 75 years!
Southern Air, Inc. is a company dedicated to growth of our employees and great customer service. We serve clients’ through-out the Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina region. This opportunity is located at our Greensboro, NC location.
Southern Air, Inc. rewards your commitment with great wages, benefits including participation in our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), Holiday/PTO, and medical, 401(k), and career opportunities. Join our team and enjoy the rewards.
Job Description: The HVAC Commercial Technician preforms the installation of commercial and industrial heating and cooling equipment (rooftops, furnaces, central air conditioners, commercial refrigeration equipment).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintaining HVAC systems (Hydronic, Steam, Forced Hot Air and Heat Pumps).
- Read schematics.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting HVAC equipment.
- Maintaining a high standard of mechanical installation practices.
- Performing preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Minimum 1 - 5 years of HVAC experience in HVAC service and installation or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience.
- Must have experience servicing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and installing HVAC and related equipment.
- CFC Certification.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen, and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history).
- Must adhere to all company policy and procedures.
- Health Plan – With company contributions to employee health saving account
- Dental Plan
- 401k with company match
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Vision Plan
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental & Dependent Life Insurance
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- PTO (Paid Time Off) for vacation and other purposes
- Employee Assistance Plan
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with systematic, thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures.
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related equipment.
- Experience in providing quality, professional customer related services.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to handle disruptions in stride with professionalism.
- Ability to work independently in a commercial setting.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position.
Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures and all weather conditions.
Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
May work with or around typical construction materials and chemicals that require knowledge of safety data sheets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or disability or protected veteran status.
Visit our website to learn more about Southern Air, Inc. www.southern-air.com
Phone: (434) 316-5658
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English