Tellepsen Builders is currently seeking applicants for an assistant and manager level SUPERINTENDENT for various market sectors and various sized commercial projects (Healthcare, Life Sciences, Higher Education, Non-Profit, etc). Tellepsen is a Houston based General Contractor who is a recognized leader in commercial, industrial, and concrete construction, Tellepsen is in its fourth generation of continuous family ownership and operation. Since our founding in 1909, we have been intensely focused on creating lasting client relationships that result in measurable value on our projects. More than just contractors, we are a family company with a vested interest in the success of our clients, communities, subcontractors, and each other.
A project superintendent’s role is to effectively monitor, direct, and coordinate the field operations. The superintendent shall work with the balance of the project team to effectively deliver successful projects for our client.
Assistant Superintendent duties:
- Supervise craft workers assigned to area of responsibility, provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
- Monitor work performance and productivity of crafts to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
- Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference, scheduling difficulties, etc.; Assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Assist with daily paperwork as assigned by the Senior Superintendent.
- Assist with timely and accurately project close out procedures (As-Builts, Punchlist, etc.)
- Strong comprehension of plans, specifications, submittals, and shop drawings
- Plan and supervise field activities including determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Oversee, manage and mentor the next generation of field leadership.
- Effectively coordinate subcontractors sequencing and performance.
- Develop, monitor, and ensure adherence to the project schedule
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required
- Monitor field compliance with project safety program requirements; ensure corrective measures are implemented in coordination with Tellepsen’s award winning safety department.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (Quality, Equipment, Safety, etc.) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support field activities and project schedule.
- Ability to complete field related digital paperwork in timely and complete manner
- Adhere to SWPPP requirements
- Ability to escalate issues in a timely manner
- Perform timely and accurately project close out procedures (As-Builts, Punchlist, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills
- Detailed and hands on approach
- Client focused
- Proficient in the use of technology including project management software, PlanGrid, Primavera scheduling software.
- 3 - 5+ years of experience as a commercial construction superintendent, preferably within Tellepsen’s core market projects. Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- Completion of OSHA 30
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English