We are currently seeking Hazard Tree Assessor/Utility Foresters to support a Level 2 Tree Health Assessment project throughout North and South Carolina. As a Hazard Tree Assessor/Utility Forester with ECI, your office is the great outdoors! We keep the lights on anywhere there is a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As an ECI Forester, you will keep communities informed about the trees and power lines while ensuring safe delivery of their power.
During these uncertain times, you can take pride in knowing you are an essential employee. Our team members work independently in an outdoor environment and follow all CDC recommended guidelines and company safety protocols relevant to COVID-19.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI Hazard Tree Assessor/Utility Foresters is that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, effective Day 1 for full time team members.
- 401K eligibility.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in the Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assess tree health on approximately 3,000 miles of distribution circuits in all 8 zones of NC/SC.
- Notify property owners of assessment being performed, when necessary.
- Perform Level 2 tree risk assessment inspections on all 3-phase lines.
- Perform Level 1 tree risk assessment inspections on all 1 & 2-phase lines.
- Document and record information with mobile device.
- Operate with the highest level of personal and public safety.
- Operate system forestry computer programs and record systems.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners and the general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Must have at least 3 years Forester/Arboriculture/Tree Care working experience OR ISA Arborist Certification in lieu of experience.
- Must have solid tree identification skills and the ability to read maps.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have basic computer skills.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or related field preferred.
- Currently hold an ISA Arborist Certification preferred.
- TRAQ preferred.
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ECI FORESTER:
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English