Looking for a place to start your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough engineering problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As an Intern / Co-Op – Civil / Environmental Engineering in our Phoenix, Arizona office, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering (civil, geotechnical, environmental, and water resources) academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) intern for approximately 12 weeks during the summer or of 2021. Preferred candidates may be offered a full-time position following internship completion and proof of completed undergraduate or graduate studies. Candidates are responsible for coordinating their own transportation to and from the office.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply theoretical knowledge and problem solving skills from academic training to practical situations in civil/environmental applications;
- Assist with engineering design calculations using computer-based technical tools;
- Technical writing of draft weekly progress reports, project design basis reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Data input and analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
- Follow instructions and interact with engineers, geologists, office administrative staff, CADD operators (draftsmen), contractors and construction personnel; and
- Potential for fieldwork such assoil and groundwater sampling, contractor oversight.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Currently registered in a Bachelor’s or Master’s university degree program in a relevant engineering discipline. (required)
- Degree focus area in civil, environmental or water resources engineering. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with ArcView, CADD, and/or Microsoft Office. (preferred)
- Outstanding academic credentials and exceptional interpersonal, technical writing, and problem-solving skills. (required)
- Communication skills to effectively read, analyze and interpret scientific data and technical publications, government regulations and project related reports. (preferred)
- Ability to travel to locations away from home involving multiple overnight stays. (preferred)
- Ability to adhere to adhere to health and safety procedures and lift and/or move 30 to 49 lb. equipment unaided and 50 to 100 lb. equipment with assistance. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license, reliable transportation, and satisfactory driving record to drive to project sites. (preferred)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
To view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
To view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
To view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Accessibility: If you have a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation related to applying for employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.