- Houston, TX 77042
- Baton Rouge, LA 70808
If you’re looking for a place to grow your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Senior Staff Environmental Engineer or Scientist in our Environmental Permitting and Compliance practice in Baton Rouge, Louisiana or Houston, Texas. You will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals throughout the Southeast U.S. and nationally and will have the opportunity to apply academic and practical knowledge specifically in environmental permitting & planning, construction management and environmental regulatory compliance for clients primarily within the Energy Sector.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position may include:
- Providing technical support on environmental, health, and safety (EHS) compliance, environmental management systems, and environmental due diligence projects.
- Performing on-site multi-media environmental compliance audits and implementing follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Determining regulatory applicability for clients in various states and in various industry sectors.
- Developing multimedia permit applications, negotiating permit conditions, and helping develop strategies to comply with permit conditions.
- Preparing Spill Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) and other environmental compliance documents.
- Preparing environmental documents for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) including, environmental resource reports, Environmental Assessments (EA) and Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
- Conducting inspections for compliance with permit conditions including NPDES stormwater compliance, wetlands permits, navigable waters permits, and other state and federal environmental regulations including Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) environmental regulations.
- Developing plans and operating procedures for managing air, water, and waste; and
- Performing field investigations, environmental assessments, and collecting environmental samples from a variety of media as assigned.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 60%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSUREB
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or environmental science. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering or environmental science. (preferred)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification, if applicable. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of related experience, working in a consulting, manufacturing, or industrial environment, with a working knowledge of industrial processes and their impacts to the environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Familiarity with USEPA and State environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (preferred)
- Ability to work independently from remote client locations. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for hard working individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
To view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
To view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
To view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Accessibility: If you have a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation related to applying for employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.