Geosyntec is growing in the Houston, Texas area and we are looking for an Environmental Engineer or Scientist for our Due Diligence and Compliance Practice in the Houston, Texas office, who loves digging into the details of environmental due diligence and environmental regulatory compliance. Our ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of experience on these types of projects, including interacting with relevant regulatory agencies. If you’re looking for a place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you!
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting projects involving environmental, health and safety (EHS) due diligence, including ASTM-compliant Phase I Environmental Site Assessments;
- Providing EHS compliance services, such as compliance audits and reviews (multi-media);
- Developing documents and permit applications associated with the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and Department of Transportation (DOT); and
- Providing strategic advice and support to clients implementing management systems and sustainability programs.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 50%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science or environmental/chemical/civil engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E) (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of experience in an environmental consulting environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- An outstanding track record for client satisfaction and technical leadership, especially in the midstream and renewables sectors. (preferred)
- Project planning, scheduling, and coordination of small to moderately scoped projects or tasks. (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of up-to-date and rigorous technical methods, computer programs and practice tools. (preferred)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex scientific/technical documents and to communicate technical and task management data. (required)
- Experience working on demanding and legally sensitive projects. (preferred)
- Detailed Federal and Texas regulatory knowledge, especially CAA, CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, NEPA, OSHA and DOT. (preferred)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
To view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
To view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
To view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Accessibility: If you have a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation related to applying for employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.