Part of our commitment to growing young talent within the industry is our Limbach Engineering & Management Training (LEMT) program (www.limbachinc.com/lemt.html). It is a two to four (2-4) year program that exposes new college graduates to our business, and allows them to learn all aspects of it, from estimating, to project management, to financials. We believe that growing our workforce should start from our internal talent base.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and understands the complete scope of a given contract.
- Reviews plans, specifications, and other contract documents pertaining to a project.
- Attends project kickoff and peer review meetings (where applicable) with the Project Manager and team.
- Develops detailed project schedules, and provides input for the owner’s/general contractor’s schedule to ensure access to perform all work in the most expeditious and productive manner possible.
- Tracks equipment, material, labor, subcontract, and other miscellaneous project-related costs.
- Assists with the development of shop drawings and coordination of planning efforts with other trades.
- Schedules material purchases, and reviews purchase orders to ensure materials meet specifications.
- Develops piping, plumbing, or sheet metal trade construction standards for projects with our planners.
- Communicates the project schedule, manpower loading, and labor cost unit and dollars for the project to key internal stakeholders. Reviews and discusses these items with supervisors on a regular basis.
- Assembles, reviews, and transmits vendor and subcontractor material and equipment submittals for distribution to the contractor, architect, or engineer for review and approval.
- Calculates progress invoices, ensures positive cash flow, reduces retention cost, and collects payments.
- Reviews revised contract documents, and negotiates/finalizes changes in cost with owners or contractors.
- Maintains “as built” records and drawings to help document project progress.
- Tracks project costs on a weekly basis, makes adjustments, and books proceed and change orders.
- Creates commissioning schedules that include pressure test, system cleanings, equipment checkout and start up, system balancing, and owner training.
- Prepares and delivers operations/maintenance manuals and warranty letters for contract closeout.
- Ensures all site work is done safely and adheres to the safety guidelines of the Company.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Code of Conduct & Ethics in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (we CARE, we ACT WITH INTEGRITY, we are INNOVATIVE, and we are ACCOUNTABLE).
- This position operates primarily in an office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and printers.
- Work duties may also necessitate visits to/walk throughs of local job sites, which means intermittent exposure to outside weather and conditions/hazards typically associated with a construction site.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, perform repetitive motion, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary position, which means possible exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position requires occasional travel to attend meetings and conduct site visits/inspections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Construction, Engineering, or other applicable field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction process and related concepts.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with diverse audiences.
- Proficient in computer programs utilized for spreadsheet calculations and word processing.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and able to multitask/manage competing deadlines.
- Previous construction-based internship.
- 1-2 years of experience with a construction company.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. As a part of our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we also take affirmative action to recruit, hire, and advance qualified females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
As a federal construction contractor in a safety-sensitive industry, we are a drug-free employer.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English