Hampton Roads Community Health Center, a federally qualified health center, is currently recruiting a Maintenance Tech to join our Facilities team!
We have a generous benefits package and competitive employee referral program. Hampton Roads Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in any way protected by law.
If you are looking for an amazing organization, who values its employees and wants to see them be successful in their career, apply today.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform internal and external building maintenance assignments.
2. Complete work orders and summarize activities and associated cost
3. Make rounds of buildings and grounds to maintain orderliness and cleanliness.
4. Adjust parking lot lights, as needed, to comply with changing conditions
5. Participate in coordinating mock fire drills.
6. Assist in the coordination external vendors to keep facility smoothly operating (HVAC, Plumbing, Security, Landlord, Janitorial, Pest Control, etc.)
7. Performs plumbing maintenance (i.e. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.)
8. Performs painting, carpentry and masonry work (i.e. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer or roller to apply paints, stains and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
9. Reconfigures, installs positions and remounts modular offices and space to accommodate user needs and maximize office space.
10. Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of facility maintenance experience
- Use of facility maintenance tools with basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Valid driver’s license from the Commonwealth of Virginia and must have reliable transportation
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Job Type: Full-time
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law".
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English