- Bristol, VA 24201
- Blountville, TN 37617
Comfort Systems USA (Bristol), Inc. a DBA of ShoffnerKalthoff MES, Inc. is currently seeking to fill the position of Project Manager (HVAC, Plumbing and Piping) in our Bristol, VA/Tri-Cities, TN office. This is a developmental role and we are seeking someone with skills and experience to successfully manage existing mechanical work projects and also help the company build greater opportunity throughout the region.
We, the region's leading mechanical contractor and service provider, boasting a continuous workforce of over 500 tradesmen working in locations from Knoxville, TN to Roanoke, VA as well as Asheville, NC. Comfort Systems USA (Bristol), Inc. has a well-established reputation for work and workforce quality and is proud to be part of the Comfort Systems USA family, one of the top 3 largest mechanical contractors in the nation and the value leader in the market.
- Project Organization/Execution: Skilled and experienced at the entire scope of commercial construction project budgeting, scheduling, and management of material, manpower, equipment, including subcontract work, to smoothly accomplish all project requirements.
- Project Documentation: Detailed and adept at maintaining Commercial construction project paperwork, allowing clear communication with customers and company leaders, including requests for information, submittals, change orders, and job specific correspondence.
- Project Reporting: Disciplined at keeping internal reporting processes, including 3 week look-aheads, monthly cost to completes, change order backups (logs, breakdowns, and pricing), monthly billing, and job closeout documentation.
- Project Cost Control: Experienced at overseeing project financials, reviewing project costs, such as office buyout and field purchase orders as well as subcontractor pay requests.
- Company Representation/Business Development: Communicate with the customer to anticipate and resolve matters such as project work procedures, customer complaints, and construction challenges. Represent the company and its interests in a professional and ethical manner. Leverage business success and credibility to increase opportunity and competitiveness in the market.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Advanced leadership, project management or technical education a big plus.
- Five years or more experience as a commercial construction project manager is critical to future success.
- Demonstrated superiority in organizational, leadership and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Competitive wages and performance bonus
- Your Medical coverage paid by the Company!
- Short-term Disability and Life Insurance paid by the Company!
- Full Benefits incl. dental, vision, long term disability, accident, critical illness
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vehicle allowance
- Paid holidays
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.