The Buckingham is the premier not for profit, Life Care retirement community in the greater Houston region. Our mission is to enrich each resident’s life through exceptional experiences provided within an environment of comfort, elegance, exceptional hospitality and compassionate care. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with match, PTO, tuition reimbursement and meal programs. We are seeking an experienced professional with the skills, dedication and compassion to join our team and help achieve the mission and vision of The Buckingham.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and conducting lifestyle programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual opportunities for the residents.
- Attends all community-planned functions and coordinates event from beginning to end including setup, running, and breaking down for the event.
- Helps coordinate and schedule appropriate programs for holidays and special events.
- Distributes community newsletter and meets with new residents to introduce the program.
- Provides ongoing communication with residents and, as necessary, family members.
- Assists manager in leadership of the wellness program.
- Organizes and supervises volunteer staff.
- Addresses resident groups and other groups on subjects of common interest.
- Maintains a database and prepares reports on resident assessments, participation and satisfaction.
- Protects the privacy of the resident when communication oral and written information.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Lifestyle Manager.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology or Recreational Therapy, or an Activity Director Certification preferred but not required.
Thank you for your interest in a position at The Buckingham.
Accessibility: If you need help accessing this page, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-979-3090.
We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law.
**This Organization Participates in E-Verify.**
If you want to view the E-Verify poster, please choose the following link: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/e-verify_participation_poster_es.pdf