Title: Traffic Control Technician
Reports To: Crew Leader/Foreman
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-exempt
Please click on the link and complete our pre-employment assessment:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform an area analysis to determine safe set-up.
- Set-up temporary work zones utilizing warning signs, traffic cones, barrels, etc. according to regulatory requirements.
- Load and unload work zone equipment to/from the company vehicle.
- Drive the company vehicle with an Arrow Panel in tow, to and from job sites in a safe manner.
- Stand and safely manage traffic control through active work zones while grasping a stop/slow paddle and utilizing radio communication.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Keep company vehicle clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems.
- Comply with all BFJ policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform additional general duties as specified.
- Traffic manager course or traffic supervisor course certification strongly preferred.
- Active ATSSA Flagger certification required
- Minimum 1 year "set-up" experience
- High school diploma/GED require.
- Possess a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record by complying with standards established by BFJ policy.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds while loading trucks and setting up/tearing down work zones.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- 24/7 availability to include overtime and weekends.
- Traffic control work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain, snow and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- A competitive base rate to commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off: Vacation and Holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Supplemental Insurance(s)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.