Barnhill Contracting Company’s success is built on the values, principles and vision of the man – Robert E. Barnhill, Sr. – whose name we proudly bear. Robert Barnhill built this company on a foundational belief that there is power in people. He was a motivator. A hard worker. A leader of leaders. His passion for people and his firm belief in the Golden Rule – treating others as you want to be treated – still drive us today. We are firm, flexible and honest. We do the right thing, every single time. We empower our leaders in the field to be decision makers. We are easy to work with – a core philosophy that is both intentional and deliberate. One that requires discipline. Grit. All of these qualities, along with our founder’s vision, have helped grow Barnhill Contracting Company into one of the Southeast’s leading contractors.
Our success is built from the dedicated service of each and every one of our employees. Construction is hard work – long hours and immense pressure to meet critical deadlines – and we are proud to employ the most talented group of people in the industry. When you join the Barnhill team, you become part of the Barnhill Family.
Operates tracked or rubber tire backhoe, such as is on rear of utility tractor and on other equipment, for the purpose of digging and excavating, pipe-laying, sloping, trenching and grading.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- May oil, grease and make normal operating adjustments to equipment.
- May perform other related duties
- Basic knowledge of operating hand and power tools (hammers, sledge hammer, pry bars, screw drivers, etc.)
- Overtime and doing work on other job sites may be required.
- Slope and assist in installing and removing shoring from ditches and other related excavations
Minimum Qualifications & Training:
- At least 3 years of operating experience excavating trenches
- Maintain sub-grade, assist in setting up grade and center line
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work Saturdays, Sunday's when needed, and some nights.
- Military Base pass will be needed for some positions.
Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
- This job requires the following motions: standing, walking, stretching, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching and squatting.
- Required regular lifting of 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Will be exposed to sometimes extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Job requires riding to and from work. If the driving of company vehicle is required then the guidelines of the company driver qualification standards must be met.
What We Offer:
- Choice of Health Insurance options (BCBSNC)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- Corporate Chaplains of America
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English