$1,000 sign-on bonus for qualified individuals
Atlantic Constructors is seeking dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals to join our expanding team! Atlantic Constructors has been recognized as an industry leader in the Mid-Atlantic Region for over 50 years.
Job Title: Senior HVAC Service Technician
Reports to: Division Project Manager
The Senior HVAC Service Technician will service, troubleshoot, repair and clean heating and cooling equipment and related systems (i.e., boiler, chillers, centrifugal, screw, hydronic, and exhaust systems, controls).
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment related to HVAC commercial systems
- Repairs, overhauls, and start-ups of commercial boiler and HVAC systems
- Ability to read blueprints and diagrams, piping schemes or engineering specifications
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers
- Maintain company vehicle by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and completing repairs and maintenance service
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files
- Keeps current all manufacturers' products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- 10 years of experience in HVAC mechanical field; or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience
- Working knowledge of boiler, chillers, industrial HVAC equipment, and BAS troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of basic electricity and electrical and control systems
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail, and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen, and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history)
- Must adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours as needed including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours
The work environment and physical demands required would be representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold, and dampness
- May work in areas with exposure to moderate/high noise levels
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust
- May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights
- This role routinely uses construction equipment such as heavy machinery, hand and power tools
- While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, bend, pull, reach overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable/wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
- May require travel (typically not overnight)
- HVAC Journeyman / Master certification
- Universal CFC Certification
- Prior military experience
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
Atlantic Constructors offers competitive benefits, for more information check out our comprehensive list on our website.
At this time, Atlantic Constructors, Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization (work visas) for any position.
Atlantic Constructors, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or other related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation/gender identity, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like an accommodation or any assistance in order to apply for a job, please call 1-877-WRK-4ACI for assistance, or fax your requested accommodation to 804-523-8781. Nothing contained herein is to be construed as an offer of employment or a binding contract of employment for a specific period of time. Employment can be terminated by either the employee or the employer at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese