Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working, high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with our project needs.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Health and Wellness Programs
• Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the preventative maintenance of equipment fleet.
• Supervises fuel servicemen, providing guidance and direction, including setting performance standards, monitoring and evaluating performance, providing staff training where necessary.
• Provides training for employees regulated by Federal Motor Carrier.
• Responsible for site setup in remote locations as related to fuel and oil containment areas, procures necessary permits in accordance with local laws, locates vendors for vehicle and equipment supplies and support.
• Maintains knowledge of HCC preventative maintenance contracts, ensures all maintenance work is performed in accordance to the contract terms.
• Performs daily equipment inspections.
• Purchases and/or coordinates the ordering of parts and supplies for equipment services as necessary.
• Performs tire inspections for equipment fleet.
• Tracks and maintains tire inventory with various vendors.
• Maintains a positive relationship with vendors.
• Regular jobsite visits and stays current with field service needs and service work.
• Review and approves weekly timecards.
• Communicate, encourage, and enforce all Hunter Contracting Co. safety policies and procedures with employees.
- Adheres to all safety policies, procedures, and instructions from management.
• Knowledge of leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
• Must have interpersonal, management, organization, and planning skills sufficient to direct people and maintain acceptable levels of productivity.
• Ability to work without close supervision on multiple projects, adjust quickly to shifting priorities, meet deadlines, exercise good judgment, and handle high-pressure situations.
• Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner and works within precise standards of accuracy.
• Must have technical knowledge of heavy equipment.
• Must possess practical knowledge of the repair and maintenance on fleet vehicles and heavy equipment.
• Must have general knowledge of FMCSA rules and regulations.
• Proficient research, interpersonal, and communicative skills.
• Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
• Intermediate computer skills.
• Ability to work harmoniously with all departments and with the public.
• Ability to prepare clear, sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
• Presents a positive image that reflects well on the organization.
• Prioritizes work to meet goals or deadlines.
• Ability to think strategic.
• Must possess a clean driving record.
Education & Work Experience Requirements:
• B.A. or B.S. Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering; AND,
• Ten (10) + years of minimum construction equipment repair and maintenance experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as determined by the hiring manager.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens
Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement
Hunter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese