MWH Constructors, a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities, in a JV partnership with Monterey Mechanical, is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Senior Building Information Modeling (BIM) Manager to support an exciting 7 year/$1B wastewater infrastructure project in San Francisco, CA. The position requires experience with BIM design applications with emphasis on Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Glue, Navisworks, and PlanGrid. The candidate should preferably be experienced with process mechanical systems associated with water and wastewater treatment plants and collection and distribution systems. The ideal candidate will have expertise using various design applications as they relate to mechanical (MEP) disciplines.
This project is very unique in that it involves a new, cutting edge technology in the US wastewater market called Thermal Hydrolysis. Thermal hydrolysis is an innovative technology where biosolids are essentially pressure-cooked at high temperature and pressure to improve the digestibility of the biosolids. This process has the following benefits:
- About half the digestive volume is needed compared to conventional anaerobic digestion, therefore a smaller treatment plant footprint.
• The process converts biosolids from Class B into Class A which can then be used for land fertilization.
• The biogas byproduct can be used as a renewable energy source to provide power to the plant.
When completed, this will be one of only a handful of Thermal Hydrolysis wastewater treatment plants in operation in the entire U.S.
MWH Constructors is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to clients and their local communities, MWH Constructors provides single-source, integrated design and construction services and a full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, the Company’s multi-disciplined team of engineering and construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects, including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, and capital construction services.
- Delivering the mechanical (MEP) ready-for-construction BIM models and drawings in compliance with the Project BIM Execution Plan
- Coordinating on a prescribed frequent basis with the CM/GC (General contractor) for comprehensive model coordination to ensure design constructability.
- Participating and contributing to project reviews involving design, constructability, schedule, and field operations.
- Supervising and mentoring a team of BIM coordinators and BIM specialists.
- BS degree in either, Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture.
- Appropriate professional licensure or registration.
- Minimum of 3 years of project team supervision experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) featuring MEP modeling for plant/infrastructure/buildings, data exchange protocols, schedule integration, and/or enterprise management software applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project delivery experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with infrastructure, heavy industrial and/or power generation projects.
- Proficiency in the use of the following software programs – Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, BIM 360 Field, BIM 360 Glue, BIMTrack, PlanGrid, and Bluebeam.
- Familiarity with the following software programs - Primavera (Oracle P6), Microsoft Project, Synchro PRO.
- Familiarity with reality capture practices and data processing involving laser scanning and drone aerial data capture.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Background in the water and wastewater treatment and conveyance industries.
- Familiarity with BIM Execution Plans for Infrastructure and/or Plant construction projects.
- Multi-discipline experience with process mechanical systems, civil infrastructure systems and structural systems.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan (company matching contributions up to 4%)
- Employee Referral Program
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.