Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner, and operator of luxury senior living communities is currently searching for Overnight Concierge/Security Monitors to join our team at our community Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley, either full-time or part-time. As one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership, and design. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 65 communities and plans for continued growth, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Responsible for greeting guests, residents, and employees, managing both external and internal calls, taking and communicating messages, providing information of a general nature, and monitoring the security of the building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Carries out telephone answering and reception duties as required.
- Takes complete messages with pertinent information and communicates messages to the intended recipient.
- Greets residents and visitors. Answers inquiries and gives directions.
- Collates brochures for the marketing department.
- Prepares meal tickets for team members and family members.
- Maintains and keeps desk and entry area neat and organized.
- Organizes, distributes mail to residents, Executive Director and Department Coordinators.
- Maintains resident forms for miscellaneous credits.
- Maintains adherence to all company personnel policies and established operating policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to three years customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and write using English language.
- Must demonstrate excellent telephone communication skills.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel. Ability to use email and the Internet.
- Demonstrates general office skills such as use of copy machine.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Responds promptly to resident and visitor needs. Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Completes administrative tasks accurately and timely.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand or walk. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in employment with Discovery Senior Living. We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. In return, Discovery Senior Living offers competitive income, benefits and an excellent working environment.
If you are selected for employment with Discovery Senior Living, you will also be hired simultaneously by Oasis, a Paychex® Company, as you co-employer. Discovery Senior Living is your employer for the purposes of managing the day-to-day operations of the company and the employees. This includes responsibility for the worksite, scheduling of work, safety, and the direction of the individual team members in their positions. Oasis, a Paychex® Company, is the co-employer for managing the administrative portion of employment, such as benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation insurance.
Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation with the application and/or interview process should contact the hiring manager.
Applicants are subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to the position, its duties and responsibilities. Employment is conditional based upon the results of the background check. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Applicants in the State of Maryland; an employer may not require or demand, as a condition of employment, prospective employment or continued employment, that an individual submit to or take a lie detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is guilty of a misdemeanor and submit to a fine not exceeding $100.
Except for applications submitted within the City of Columbia, South Carolina, applications are active for 30 days but will remain on file for one (1) year. Applications submitted within the city of Columbia, South Carolina will remain active for 30 days but on file for three (3) years.