Customer Service Representative - Inside Sales
Johnstone Supply is a leading wholesale supplier to the heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry.
We pride ourselves on our customer service, technical support and professionalism to the trade. We are privately owned and part of the largest wholesale cooperative in the nation providing approximately 60,000 parts including the latest technology in HVAC/R equipment and motors. The cooperative has 375 stores nationwide and sales of over $1.8 billion with six major distribution centers strategically located throughout the country. We are known for our exceptional service and technical knowledge. We have three branches in Cincinnati, one in Dayton, three in Indianapolis, one in Kentucky and one in West Virginia. We have immediate openings due to company expansion and market demand. We are seeking well qualified, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction and to help continue to grow our business.
In the role of Inside Sales Representative, you will develop customer relationships both over the counter and the phone. Responsibilities include establishing customer needs, providing high level of technical support, filling orders, and sizing and selling equipment. This is an excellent career opportunity as our sales growth has out-paced the industry average creating new positions for the self-motivated, goal oriented team player. This position requires technical knowledge of HVAC/R products, as well as excellent time management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Provide a high level of customer service and technical support to HVAC/R contractors and industrial personnel both in person and on the phone.
- Have a full knowledge of our equipment product lines and be able to correctly size and matchup jobs as well as troubleshoot service issues.
- Provides customer product and service needs by performing such tasks as finding products using computer, catalog, telephone or other reference sources.
- Recommends and orders both catalog listed and unlisted products for customers; recognizes products most commonly purchased by customers, resolves commonly-encountered technical problems, responds to incoming sales calls, makes outgoing customer sales or service calls and addresses customer complaints.
- Recognizes and identifies HVAC/R parts and equipment to fulfill customer needs and answer customer questions.
- Processes customer transactions by entering quotes and invoices; processing warranties, and creating credit memos.
- Ensures desired level of profitability is obtained by: consistently following the pricing structure established for the store; achieving sales targets; and following established sales process.
- Maintains knowledge of HVAC/R fundamentals and product lines (features, function, use and benefits of Johnstone products, vendors carried and their respective lines) staying informed of new products; and utilizing opportunities to further educate self, co-workers and customers.
- Participates in customer training for new and existing product lines.
- A High School Diploma or a G.E.D.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Technical Diploma in HVAC/R and at least two years of work experience in the HVAC/R field.
- Prefer two years’ experience in a wholesale environment including front counter experience of waiting on customers in the HVAC/R industry.
- Must be a customer- and detailed-oriented individual with the ability and skills to meet, greet and service customers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English, to interact with customers, employees, and read reports and instructions.
- Energetic and effective salesperson with a positive attitude that is conscientious, enthusiastic, articulate, and possesses a professional attitude to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must be willing to learn and keep current with the latest developments and technology in the industry.
- Must be able to comprehend business math calculations, run a point-of-sale terminal, research HVAC/R items and help prepare required sale and customer reports.
- Must be able to lift cases that can weigh up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Effective team player that works well with others.
- Solid computer skills required and previous experience in ERP software a plus.
- Team-oriented, energetic environment
- Competitive salary
- 401 (k)
- Profit Sharing
- Company Outings
If this role sounds like a great match for your experience and qualifications, we would love to talk to you!
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.