Salary Range: $26,016 - $32,521
Performs a variety of accounting clerical duties involved in processing accounts payable records and processing accounts receivable payments.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Maintains and updates computerized accounts payable and accounts receivable records.
- Reviews and prepares invoices for payment authorization; makes sure the receiving documents match invoices; obtains approvals as necessary.
- Generates checks for payment.
- Reconciles accounts payable and purchasing records.
- Post payments to customer accounts.
- Enters invoice information and posts it to the accounts payable module; posts payments; creates new vendors.
- Enter data in accounts receivable and billing systems. Enters payments and adjust entries to customer account balances.
- Verifies the status of credit memos and enters information into accounts payable module.
- Communicates with employees and vendors to clarify information.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Basic knowledge of accounting methods and processes as they relate to accounts payable and accounts receivable. Practical knowledge of computerized accounting systems. Ability to enter data into accounting records accurately. Ability to explain accounting processes to employees and vendors.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
PeopleSoft Finance, Email, Spear, Microsoft Office Suite
Training and/or Education:
Possession of a High School diploma or GED certificate. Accounting or bookkeeping courses.
One year of experience in accounting clerical work, data entry or related experience. One year experience in the use of IBM compatible computers including commercial word processing and spreadsheet software packages.
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License
This position is classified as non-essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires operation of a keyboard device.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese