MWH Constructors, a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities, is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Resident Engineer to support a medium voltage upgrade to a wastewater infrastructure facility. The Resident Engineer will support the appointed project field inspection staff and service consultants to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the project plans and specifications. The Resident Engineer supports the interface and coordination point for field progress between the Owner and the Contractor and with the Engineer of Record and regulatory representatives. This position is located in Chicago, IL.
MWH Constructors is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to clients and their local communities, MWH Constructors provides single-source, integrated design and construction services and a full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, the Company’s multi-disciplined team of engineering and construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects, including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, and capital construction services.
- Assist with the organization of the weekly progress meetings.
- Review plans, specifications and shop drawings to identify and resolve with the contractors any potential problems.
- Help prepare daily, weekly and monthly reporting for the Construction Manager.
- Ensure accurate field records are being maintained, such as daily reports, test reports, and as-built drawings.
- Provide a daily review of project documentation for items such as inspections, daily reports, photographs and material deliveries.
- Assist in the preparation of trend reporting for any issues impacting the construction progress or potential change management issues.
- Support the interface with the community in which the project is being constructed. Proactively coordinate contractor activities with community needs.
- Help identify potential items of risk or claims arising from or as a result of contractor activities.
- Work in a manner that ensures personal safety as well as the safety of fellow employees by following project and company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- B.S. degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field. An equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
- At least 8 years of relevant construction management experience.
- Prior experience with pump stations or related water/wastewater treatment plant infrastructure.
- Experience in medium/high voltage electrical, instrumentation, and controls on wastewater treatment plants.
- Experience with urban, underground infrastructure projects, including pipelines, pump stations, treatment plants, sewers, drains, water lines, utilities and surface reconstruction.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Flexible Time Off Policy (includes vacation, sick and personal time)
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan (company matching contributions up to 4%)
- Employee Referral Program
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.