WOO HOO!!! We are always looking for top talent in the role of a Dining Services. If you are a kind, compassionate, organized Dining Services Partner with a passion for providing superior dining experience to Residents, this is the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU! Join in the excitement to MAKE EVERYDAY the BEST DAY EVER for OUR RESIDENTS & TEAM MEMBERS by uniting with us in a dedication to our Pegasus Commitment.
Pegasus Associates are uniquely qualified to make EVERDAY the BEST DAY EVER because they are empowered and expected to:
- Smile at work.
- Exceed expectations.
- Support others with warmth and compassion.
- Model individual pride and company spirit.
- Always do the right thing even when nobody is watching.
- Value feedback as they strive for excellence in their performance.
- Take full responsibility for their attitude and actions.
- Never leave their partners in need of help.
- Exercise good stewardship of Community resources.
- Value the safety of themselves and others while performing their job.
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Celebrate LIFE.
Pegasus Senior Living is made up of individual Associates united by a commitment and dedication to the highest quality of service delivery to our residents with a sense of warmth, compassion, individual pride and company spirit. To achieve our mission, each associate strives to always do the right thing. Recognizing that excellence is a process achieved through continuous improvement, we value and apply lessons learned from the feedback we receive from all of our stakeholders.
To our Associates, we pledge to
- Promote a culture of excellence.
- Provide strong leadership, team building and empowerment.
- Encourage all associates to work hard and play hard every day.
- Encourage professional and personal growth for all our Associates.
To our Residents, we pledge to
- Celebrate and enhance their lives.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Always remember that choice and compassion are at the heart of our profession.
To our investors, we pledge to be great stewards of our resources.
Prepares and serves meals. Maintains cleanliness of production and service areas.
- Prepares food items and serves food to Residents within scheduled time frame.
- Follows menu cycle, noting changes or substitutions made.
- Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and dining room.
- Maintains quality of food served, quantity prepared and sanitation of food preparation area.
- Maintains clean, neat and safe working environment.
- Assures that Resident food needs and preferences are known.
- Assures staff, Resident and guest meals are accounted for daily.
- Maintains meal service records as required.
- Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with food service and communicates them appropriately.
- Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them appropriately.
- Observes other problems and communicates them appropriately.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative rules.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Records Resident information as required.
- Avoids loss, breakages and waste of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, worker safety and other emergency procedures.
- Associate should perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to adhere to assisted living principles in providing services.
- Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
- Ability to prepare and serve a wide range of foods skillfully.
- Ability to perform and instruct others in food preparation, food serving and cleaning tasks.
- Keeps all information confidential.
- Maintains acceptable attendance records/follows work schedule.
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately toward accomplishing assigned tasks; requires minimal supervision.
- Displays cleanliness, good grooming, personal appearance and follows dress requirements consistently.
- Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
- Ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
- Interacts in professional manner with Residents, public, co-workers. Works cooperatively with management. Displays willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
- Adequate and clear English speaking and writing ability; able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate quickly.
- Is free of non-treated communicable disease as required by state law.
- Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean.
- Ability to work safely and to recognize potentially dangerous situations.
- Ability/willingness to follow all policies and procedures.
- Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean.
- Ability/willingness to work longer than average eight (8) hour shift; work holidays or overtime; to work seven (7) day schedule.
- Must be able to tolerate occasional exposure to heat, dust, fumes, odors, water, etc., as well as some noise.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Level of Experience -
Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to health and safety in food preparation. Demonstrated ability in food preparation and services. Experience in dealing with older adults and their food needs preferred. 18 – 24 months experience in a similar position.
Education, Technical or Professional License(s)/Certification(s) -
Possession of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. Attendance at mandatory in-service training. If required by state law, maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Meet in-service training hours required for job classification and position.
Server, Dishwasher, waiter, waitress, dietary, kitchen utility, kitchen worker, dining room, food prep, food service, dietary aide
Phone: (760) 961-1212
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English