Freyssinet, Inc. has been at the forefront of providing specialized civil engineering technology, material supply and installation for projects large and small in the United States for over 20 years. A subsidiary of the Soletanche Freyssinet Group, driven by a strong culture of safety, excellence and performance, our vision is to be the partner of choice in the construction, repair and maintenance of structures. Through responsible leadership of our men and women, we will strive to be at the forefront of innovation and to anticipate the future needs of our Clients. Freyssinet, Inc. operates as General Contractor, Specialty Subcontractor and Supplier throughout the United States.
What we are proud to offer:
- 6 Standard Holidays
- Employee Health & Dental Insurance
- Health & Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Life Coverage
- Prepaid Legal and Identity Theft Protection
Performs various manual tasks in the repair and protection of structures and related work in an efficient, productive, and quality-oriented manner. This position requires proficiency and minimal supervision in the performance of the duties of an unskilled laborer, and in addition requires knowledge of other higher skilled tasks.
- 7+ years experience working in general construction, concrete, structural steel, and/or concrete repair environment.
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test and wear a respirator when required on specified jobsites.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of: materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings and other structures; machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance; knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Manual Dexterity - Must possess the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble objects.
- Visualization - Must possess the ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Static Strength - Must possess the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
- Cut rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar cutters or acetylene torches.
- Bend steel rods with hand tools with rodbending machines, and weld them with arc-welding equipment.
- Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions.
- Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools.
- Handling and moving objects - using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.