Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 70 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident RecoveryAccident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
Perform tasks involving physical labor at buildings, heavy construction projects, and demolition sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types. Laborers also tend machines; mix concrete using a portable mixer or tend a machine that pumps concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster, or stucco.
- May clean and prepare sites.
- Dig trenches.
- Set braces to support the sides of excavations.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding and other temporary structures.
- Clean up rubble and debris.
- Assist other craft workers including: carpenters, plasterers, operating engineers, and masons.
- Load, unload, identify, and distribute building materials to the appropriate location according to project plans and specifications.
- Laborers also tend machines; for example, mix concrete using a portable mixer or tend a machine that pumps concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster, or stucco through a spray gun for application to ceilings and walls.
- Safety Sensitive position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general construction and repair methods, and the proper utilization and care of tools, materials, and equipment used in building construction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of traditional building materials, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to continuously sit, stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to work in heat or cold, work outside, work in high elevations.
- May lift and carry heavy objects 5 -25 pounds frequently, 25- 50 pounds often, 50-100 pounds occasionally.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward positions continuously.
- Work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing.
- While working in construction, laborers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
- Availability to work overtime, nights, and weekends.
- Long periods outdoors, exposed to various types of weather conditions, such as extreme heat and cold.
- Job site, office, job trailer, or great heights.
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, decisions to hire and promote are made without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other classification as proscribed by federal, state or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese