Wages: $9.50/HR $.50 increase after 90 days.
Shift is from
The primary purpose of this position is to create appropriate documentation for shipping and ensure that carts are assembled appropriate for shipping to customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately create all bin tickets and distribute to the floor for all accounts.
- Handle all communication with office to ensure that all daily orders have been received and/or accounted for.
- Closing is at the scale in the production plant.
- Pull bins to scale, use handheld to scan bin and bin ticket.
- Accept gross weight of the bin.
- Enter any changes (items and/or quantities) while packing the bin at the scale.
- Print final bin tickets and tape to bins.
- Ensure that all COG accounts/items (Lab coats, Coverlets, etc.) have been filled correctly every day.
- Follow direction of immediate supervision as to the distribution of linen items that are projected to be short.
- Ensure that all errors or miscommunications (Fast Track) are completed in a timely manner.
- There is a 2nd check of bin tickets to customer order that is performed separately from the bin pack-out. The edited quantities or items are verified during this 2nd check. Also, bin tickets are compared to delivery manifest.
- Organize bin tickets to review for packing accuracy (i.e., bin packed out with correct quantities)
- Make changes in Alliant if errors are found.
- Prepare delivery manifests once a full order is completed and print.
- Distribute delivery manifests to driver and keep an office copy with the customer order and bin tickets.
- Check loads on trucks using a load sheet.
- Does not have disciplinary authority…cannot initiate any write-ups or suspensions. Any disciplinary action must be handled by salaried supervision.
- Must be able to lead by example.
- Keep area clean and able to run efficiently.
- Look for partially packed bins and work with the production personnel (or find goods) to finish these bins.
- Possess the ability to learn and train new associates on any changes in the department up to and including computerized shipping system.
- Be able to understand and operate clinic area. Understand the importance of supplying clinic area with linen. Constantly communicate with supervision concerning the linen requirements needed to complete assigned orders. Be able to generate and maintain the production board. Expedite closeout of Fast Track requests along with Manager-on-Duty.
- Be able to perform all tasks of shipping personnel, filling tickets, building clinics and all other tasks that may be required by senior management. Be able to operate with a minimum of supervision.
- Packing includes getting special items to replenish supply closer to shipping desk.
- Build carts with detail to ensure accuracy
- When packing carts, all carts must be packed according to company standards
- When building carts, incumbents must move with a sense of urgency
- All employees who are building must have the ability to communicate clearly when waiting on items to complete orders.
- All builders must maintain good housekeeping and organization in their department.
- All builders must have the ability to push and pull laundry carts that can weigh up to 500 lbs. or more.
- May fill in for other positions as required.
- Any other duties as assignedQUALIFICATIONS
- The ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without an accommodation.
- High School Education or GED preferred
- Basic computer knowledge and the willingness to learn new computer applications
- Excellent recordkeeping skills
- Good analytical skills to be able to determine number of carts required for orders
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.