Job Description – Financial Manager / Controller
Reports to: General Manager – Cogent Cananda
Location: Listowel, ON
STgenetics® is the worldwide leader in Sexed Semen and Embryo production. ST is well known around the globe as one of the top sources for assistance in locating and exporting quality semen, embryos, and livestock from the United States. ST through the experience of its staff specializes in helping find quality livestock, semen, and embryos for placement domestically and internationally.
The Financial Manager / Controller will manage the local finance function for cogent Canada, including financial reporting and control. The controller will ensure appropriate financial controls are in place across the business and will support the group controls framework. He/she will provide timely and accurate information to Cogent Group and the local management team (including management accounts and management information, forecasts, and budgets).
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the General Manager of Cogent Canada.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To ensure appropriate financial controls are in place across the business, and to support the group controls framework.
- To provide timely and accurate information to Cogent Group and the local management team (including management accounts and management information, forecasts, and budgets).
- To ensure local tax and statutory accounts compliance.
- To take ownership of local Navision financial systems, including support to other departments, and the development of new reports and processes.
- To manage cash effectively.
- To take ownership of accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets and payroll for Cogent Canada.
- To lead and develop the Listowel finance team.
- To provide financial planning and analysis support to management team/Cogent Group as required. To provide support to the Canada General Manager and Cogent Financial Controller on business projects/other tasks as required.
- To comply with Company policy and best practice in security, legal and regulatory compliance To complete any other duties as required from time to time.
- Displays excellent customer service by continuously looking to improve the quality and dependability of their service offering by being honest, building trust and going above and beyond the normal routine when required, in order to give the customer what they need.
- Leading Others by providing direction, communicating, motivating, empowering, giving feedback and recognizing the contribution of their team members.
- Works well with others by building positive relationships, working with integrity, being direct and straightforward whilst respecting and considering others.
- Works well in teams by building team spirit, delivering team goals and being flexible.
- Shares Knowledge by communicating with focus, simplicity and clarity and is able to differentiate fact from opinion.
- Plans and Organizes well by improving and developing processes, setting standards and monitoring performance. In addition, being able to prioritize their own activities and time.
- Thinks critically by assessing, evaluating and understanding different information, concepts and observations to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Delivers Results to a high standard and quality whilst meeting financial targets and deadlines.
- Demonstrates Commercial awareness by effectively assessing the market and the internal resources and knowledge when developing new business opportunities and ideas and demonstrating business and financial awareness.
Requirements & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Advanced degree in Accounting is a plus
- Qualified accountant
- 10+ years of experience leading an accounting/finance function
- Experience in developing and implementing compliance training programs
- Strong working knowledge and experience with import/export regulations and audit practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume distribution center environment
- Strong systems knowledge including advanced excel (vlookups etc)
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and inventory management SME experience
- Preferably experience of agriculture related industries
STgenetics® is an Affirmative Action EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
STgenetics® participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
STgenetics® is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at STgenetics® via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at STgenetics® in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of STgenetics®. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by STgenetics®.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.