Polk Mechanical is looking for the best and brightest in the market to join our high performing team. As a result of our unparalleled customer service and unique offerings our business is experiencing impressive growth and with growth comes great opportunity for those with the ambition to accomplish great things. A career at Polk is not just a job but an opportunity to join a family of people who care about each other and care about their customers. It’s no wonder our business and our team are growing.
At Polk Mechanical The HVAC Technician provides HVAC services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading HVAC systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at the job site
- To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The perfect candidate will have an excellent work ethic and an exceptionally positive attitude, will be punctual, respectful, and have the ability to work within a self-directed team environment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Troubleshoot technical problems ensuring all failed components are identified
- Professionally communicate with customers and company office personnel
- Ensure all paperwork is complete and turned in on a daily basis
- Work independently by setting and meeting goals
- Accept and perform given tasks with ownership and sense of urgency
- Willing and able to travel to customer locations in the greater area
- Abide by safety rules and regulations, including courteous and defensive driving
- Maintain a flexible work schedule with availability to be on call 24/7
- MINIMUM 8+ YEARS EXPERIENCE providing professional services in the HVAC industry.
- Refrigerant system skills including refrigerant piping installation, evacuation and charging of all refrigerant type systems.
- Experience starting and commissioning HVAC equipment such as fans, pumps, and AHU’s.
- Familiarity with instruments and the ability to acquire information such as static pressure, voltage, amperage, CFM, etc.
- Universal License (EPA) necessary for handling and installing refrigerant
- Knowledge and skills necessary to perform routine maintenance such as filter changes, belts, sheaves, compressors, motors, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
- Understanding of control systems including wiring, thermostats, and devices
- Clean driving record
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an HVAC Technician
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong initiative
- Paid Holidays
- Career Advancement & Training Opportunities
- Technician tool account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English