VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Property Maintenance Worker
Location: Huebner Creek Villa - San Antonio, TX
Rate of Pay: $14.00
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of grounds, apartments, office facility and equipment. Performs a variety of work activities in the maintenance of the grounds at apartment location. In addition, minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting as needed to assist in getting units ready for rent. Keeps work log and work orders for specific site requirements. Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
- Performs repair and service work on air conditioners including complete removal and possible installation and repairs to electrical systems both inside and outside of units.
- Performs an extensive range of repairs on the plumbing systems and structural repairs, including carpentry: door repairs and replacements, deck repairs, and hardwood flooring and tile work, etc.
- Performs work on roofing, gutters, shingles and downspouts, interior and exterior painting, preparations of drywall and siding and staining and finishing of wood surfaces.
- Repairs and replaces windows, screens and doors as needed.
- Performs the approved maintenance procedures for each property.
- Completes all forms, work orders and related paper work in a timely and professional manner and works independently by driving unassisted between job assignment sites in a safe, professional, and timely manner.
- Daily/weekly tasks include maintaining logbook of daily accomplishments completion of forms for work done on “move outs”, work orders and preventive maintenance/routine maintenance.
- Organizes and maintains maintenance shop with tools and materials for daily tasks.
- Prepares housing units for new incoming occupants and re-keys and replaces locks, doorknobs, and dead bolts.
- Schedules daily workload and attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and professional conduct consistent with the mission of Volunteers of America Texas.
- Incumbent must practice safe working habits including but not limited to using lift belts to prevent back injuries, protective eye covers and gloves where appropriate to prevent personal injury.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus one year of relevant experience working in the maintenance field OR a high school diploma or equivalent plus a certificate from a maintenance trade/vocational school OR equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Valid Texas Drivers’ License.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.