Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner and operator of senior living communities is currently searching for a Part-time Recreation and Events Coordinator to join our team at our community Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley. Ranked as one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership and design. As a result, the company currently has a flourishing portfolio of more than 8,500 homes with plans for continued growth.
- Part-time, working up to 20 hrs per week
- 3 weekdays per week and every other weekend
- 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Occasional evenings and some holidays, as needed
- Assist in the development and oversight of resident activities.
- Plan, schedule and conduct programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual opportunities for our residents in our community.
- Attend all community planned functions and help coordinate the event from beginning to end including set-up, running, and breaking down for the event.
- Assist in preparing and organizing a calendar of events.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and every other weekend) for planned activity events.
- One to three years experience in assisted living or long term care working with memory care patients
- Proficient verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to encourage and motivate older adults.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Strong skills in organization, delegation, and consensus building.
- A valid driver's license and good MVR record.
In addition to a rewarding career, Discovery offers a number of benefits for our part-time team members. Part-time team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401k plan with company match, our Employee Assistance Program, and supplemental/accident insurance policies.Our employees are also eligible for a number of arrangements with popular companies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in employment with Discovery Senior Living. We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. In return, Discovery Senior Living offers competitive income, benefits and an excellent working environment.
If you are selected for employment with Discovery Senior Living, you will also be hired simultaneously by Oasis, a Paychex Company, as you co-employer. Discovery Senior Living is your employer for the purposes of managing the day-to-day operations of the company and the employees. This includes responsibility for the worksite, scheduling of work, safety, and the direction of the individual team members in their positions. Oasis, a Paychex Company is the co-employer for managing the administrative portion of employment, such as benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation insurance.
Applicants are subject to a background check. Employment is conditional based upon the results of the background check.
Applications are active for 30 days, but remain on file for one year.