Summary: Do you enjoy to putting simple and complex mechanical parts together with your hands? Do you thrive in a fast paced work environment where you deliver quality work? Thern Inc. is looking for an individual who has a strong mechanical background to help build, test and inspect power winches and reducers that will be used in a variety of industries such as mines, construction and barge sites to name a few.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assemble product according to the blue print ensuring that parts and sub assemblies are manufactured correctly and fit properly when putting the product together. This includes the ability to assemble and set gears, square up the fitment to press seals and bearings, setting the brakes on the gear, tapping threads, checking seals and looking for oil leaks along with having a basic knowledge of electrical wiring. Knowledge of pneumatics is a plus.
• Must have the ability to problem solve and trouble shoot problems both independently and as part of team.
• Must have the knowledge and ability to use a variety of hand and power tools to put product together.
• Ensure that parts and products meet quality standards by following established guidelines to measure, test and inspect the product assembled.
• Manage inventory following established guidelines and procedures including labeling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations in specified quantities to fill kits or bins, delivering parts to work areas, and recording and communicating inventory levels.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
• Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
• Cross train to other departments as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Qualifications: Must be willing to learn and practice continuous improvement techniques such as 5S, one piece flow, value stream mapping, set-up reduction, and more.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand.. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Thern, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Thern does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.