Job Description – IT Network Engineer
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: Navasota, TX
Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's computer networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
STgenetics® is the worldwide leader in Sexed Semen and Embryo production. ST is well known around the globe as one of the top sources for assistance in locating and exporting quality semen, embryos, and livestock from the United States. ST through the experience of its staff specializes in helping find quality livestock, semen, and embryos for placement domestically and internationally.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems
- Coordinating computer network access and use
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skill
- Dependable and flexible when necessary
- Network security experience
- LAN and WAN experience
- Knowledge of MikroTik and Ubiquiti equipments desired
- Knowledge of SolarWinds desired
STgenetics® is an Affirmative Action EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
STgenetics® participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
STgenetics® is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at STgenetics® via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at STgenetics® in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of STgenetics®. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by STgenetics®.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.