Asplundh Tree Expert, LLC – Vegetation Groundsperson
~ Do you love essential, physical work outside? ~
~ Are you fearless (but safe) when it comes to heights? ~
~ Do you want to work for a rewarding company that focuses on safety? ~
If you answered 'Yes' to all three of the above, keep on reading...
Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient and innovative line clearance services to the utility industry. At Asplundh, your contributions are essential for restoring power to communities by being a part of a team that helps to keep electricity flowing after disaster strikes.
Asplundh promotes an environment of compassion, empowerment, transparency, inclusion and respect. We enjoy a family-like culture, working in nature, and working responsibly with dangerous equipment. We problem-solve as a flexible team and are always ready to learn and grow with the Company.
We expect active, constructive employee engagement for the betterment of the team, and the company commits to continual employee development. We offer a “Safety First” culture, industry-leading training and equipment, career advancement opportunities across the country, job stability no matter the economic climate, and competitive benefits. Join the family and experience the stability and satisfaction of a career with Asplundh.
Day-to-Day Work We Do In This Role That Helps Keep Electricity Flowing! (Primary Responsibilities):
· Using a chainsaw to cut brush, logs and stumps of larger trees and gathers the resulting brush and feed brush into wood chipper.
· Utilizing a hose and spray nozzle from truck mounted spray equipment which includes tank, pump, hose reel, 200 feet of ½ inch hose, or utilizes back-pack to treat remote areas to apply chemical herbicide to right-of-way, following brush removal
· Assisting senior spray person in mixing herbicide in holding tank.
· Servicing truck, chipper, and equipment, maintaining them in neat, clean, and specified mechanical order.
· Performing other related work, as assigned by leadership.
You Will Need To Have (Minimum Requirements):
· 2+ years of experience in the tree trimming industry.
· High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
· Possesses working knowledge that allows you to identify tree and shrub species and to select and effectively and safely use herbicides when spraying brush and stumps.
· Effectively communicates with others, with the ability to read and/or comprehend written and verbal instructions/information. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
· Organized, hardworking, safety conscious, punctual, leads by example, self-motivated, honest, and customer service-driven.
· Safely and efficiently use machines, tools, equipment, and work aides as required. This includes sprayers, chainsaws, hydraulic tools, and hand tools.
· Accountable; demonstrates dependability in attendance and timeliness, and carefully follows directions and instructions provided.
· Is solution-oriented with the ability to apply feedback to improve performance.
· Able to safely work alone and display quality and thoroughness in work product.
· Team-focused; exhibits objectivity and openness to others, mitigates conflict and keeps emotions under control.
· Able to help train new personnel on how to work safely and efficiently.
· Maintains a positive, responsive and flexible attitude.
· Must have reliable transportation to and from the show up location.
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
We Work Safe (Environmental Considerations):
We want to stress that because of our safety focus, and due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must maintain attention
and concentration for extended periods of time. These are highly physical jobs, for which we want to be clear with you about the physical requirements.
· Works safely around hazardous equipment including around excessive noise from machines, chain saws, wood chipper, with hearing protection.
· Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
· Enters and exits a vehicle numerous times a day.
· Able and willing to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold while standing and moving for extended periods of time.
· Safely and efficiently uses machines, tools, equipment, and work aides including sprayers, chainsaws, hydraulic tools, and hand tools.
· Maintains awareness of how to work safely around high voltage electrical hazards and power equipment, traffic and falling limbs.
· Maintains attention and concentration during dangerous tasks and while using equipment for extended periods of time.
· Wears necessary Personal Protective Equipment as per task assigned and maintains a professional appearance at all times while abiding by the uniform code.
· Walks, climbs, and works from ladders, or at various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces.
· Operates and services all required tools and equipment and have good hand-to-eye coordination.
· The endurance and flexibility to work long hours and overtime (a standard 8hr to 10hr day) during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. including having your hands above your head for long periods.
You Will Need To (Physical Requirements):
Rarely (less than 10%): Includes crawling, climbing poles, sitting, climbing stairs, and the use of color vision.
Occasionally (up to 33% of the time): Includes body movements like kneeling, balancing, stooping, climbing on and off trucks, reading, and lifting up to 50lbs.
Frequently (up to 66% of the time): Hearing, depth perception, seeing far away (distant) objects, squatting, pushing, speaking clearly over a wide range of distances, manual dexterity, twisting, reaching and lifting up to 10-50lbs.
Continuously (67%-100% of the time): Using your vision (seeing), gripping, sense of touch, carrying, pulling, and lifting up to 10lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: