Sebastian is a premier provider of communications and construction services in California. With more than 70 years of experience, Sebastian is passionate about providing people with a great place to work. Our high growth and dynamic model offers employees the opportunity for career advancement. As a family company we value the expertise and experience of our team.
The Superintendent coordinates and supervises assigned foreman, subcontractors, and others in electrical and underground work. Manages and directs all aspects of a project from beginning to end. Excellent leadership qualities are required to allow him or her to take control of a project and produce results. Will spend half of their time in the field and the other half in the office.
This position will be responsible for preparing and submitting progress and production tracking reports, overseeing all phases of a construction project from initial planning to completion, driving labor productivity, meeting with building owners, general contractors, or other outside contacts to discuss build-out specifications, and resolving any matters that arise related to work procedures or construction problems. The Superintendent is also responsible for effectively utilizing administrative support for the following items: RFI and submittal preparation and tracking, obtaining permits or licenses, and requisition of supplies or materials for projects.
- Must be a California state certified journeyman electrician.
- 3+ years experience as Project Superintendent in the construction industry; 2+ years experience in build-out construction preferred.
- Proven history of managing projects within and under budgeted hours and production rates is required.
- Ability to read plans and specifications as well as well as working with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner is required.
- Industry experience, knowledge of prevailing wage, NEC, and electrical design is preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent required; Construction Management certificate, PMP certificate or equivalent preferred.
We are proud to offer you:
- Sebastian covers the cost of health, vision, dental, long term care, and life insurance for our employees
- 401k match up to 4%
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Paid training and tuition reimbursement program
- Company events to recognize outstanding performance and promote fellowship
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.