- Johnson City, TN 37601
- Kingsport, TN 37660
Summers-Taylor, Inc., is the largest heavy and highway construction contractor in Northeast Tennessee, and has been in business since 1932. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development and homebuilding, Summers-Taylor deals with a wide variety of types of work and employs over 550 employees from Bristol to Nashville. We value our customers and our employees, and our reputation for delivering quality work has been built for four generations of family leadership covering over eight decades.
The Concrete Products and Casting Technician will deliver concrete-related products to various locations including residential building sites, commercial construction sites, and other Summers Taylor locations. The Technician is responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of product inventory and will assist in the production and stacking of precast products. The successful Technician has a strong work ethic, is self-motivated, is able to work closely with all levels of employees, and has a high-level of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver concrete-related products to various locations throughout the Tri-Cities, Greeneville, Rogersville, Morristown and other locations as scheduled
- Map out delivery schedules for maximum efficiency and timely delivery
- Maintain product inventory levels in each location
- Assist production and stacking of precast products
- Complete and maintain all required forms and online reports timely and efficiently
- Keep equipment and truck clean and well maintained on an ongoing basis
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated focus on safety, quality, and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be able to stand and walk on uneven surfaces, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.