McGough is a respected partner that brings six generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN
The Service Desk Technician is the face of the Information Technology department to the McGough employees. This person is responsible to manage Service Desk requests through the web site, phone calls and walk-ups. Using the web based software application, this person will triage requests and create sub-tickets to be routed to the appropriate IT staff person that can perform the work. This role is responsible for assisting users with computer hardware, printer and software issues, including software installations, software upgrades and general “how to” information for the customers.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience of 2 years in Information Technology Service Desk related role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone with customers
- Ability to interface with customers and communicate technical solutions in a non-technical language
- Understanding of the ITIL process for Service Strategy (Incident, Event, Problem Management)
- Good understanding of PC and laptop computer hardware, monitors, multifunction printers
- Good understanding of Microsoft Operating systems (Windows 7 and 10) Office 2010 and 2016, and other Microsoft Productivity tools. Office 365 knowledge a plus
- Ability to work with other members of the Technology staff to help identify recurring issues and create problem tickets to be transferred to the appropriate technician
- Ability to work with vendors support staff to resolve issues that require support that the team is not knowledgeable of
- Ability to work with remote support tools such as Bomgar, Windows, etc.
Office and Travel:
Travel between office sites in the Twin Cities may be necessary to support the customers in different metro office locations, so a good, reliable vehicle is required. Out of state travel to North Dakota, South Dakota and Iowa may be requested. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- System Support
- Monitor the Service Desk incident queue and respond to incidents as appropriate.
- Provide day-to-day, hands on, technical support to employees related to technology related items (hardware, software, phone, TV monitor, wireless connectivity to TV)
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems
- Trouble-shoot issues related to Windows OS and Office products
- Understand and learn about and provide support for other applications used in the environment
- Troubleshoot printer installation and driver related issues
- Manage the relationship with the Multi-function printer solution providing support for usage and requested support as needed
- Provide identity management support and password reset for McGough custom developed applications and Active Directory
- Assist with Service Desk application in managing customer assistance requests
- Efficiently evaluate and resolve client-side software and hardware issues
- Provide leadership in resolving Severity 1 issues
- Appropriately involve other team members to assist with resolution of complex or business critical problems
- Effectively and respectfully communicate with non-technical terms to customers
- Understand and help to manage the print environment including office, jobsite and large format print solutions
- Mentor other team members in specific knowledge of processes and applications
- Knowledge transfer to other team members
- Provide process documentation related to systems and applications
- Identify and establish key metrics for the client-side environment
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to lift PC’s, laptops, monitors and other technology related equipment. Sitting or standing for long periods of time may be necessary for the configuration of systems.
Occasionally, employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures. During these visits, safety gear must be worn including hard hat and safety vest.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English