Company Name: National Power Corporation
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
The Electrical Engineer provides electronics, software, and firmware design services to support the manufacture of company products and equipment to maximize company revenue and profitability.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Design smart management battery systems utilizing SMBus, HDQ, and 1-Wire communication protocols in DC applications.
Confer with customers and sales and engineering staff to discuss existing or potential battery design related projects and products. Provide support to sales personnel and customers with technical advice and design reviews for product safety and product manufacturability.
Design circuit boards and provide project related quotation packages Design software and firmware for products and test systems.
Test new circuit boards for function, safe operation, and design verification.
Test new battery assemblies for specification conformance. Develop and administer related test routines and configuration files.
Provide failure analysis for manufactured product and customer returned products.
Provide engineering services and technical advice for production fixtures and test equipment. Provide the supply chain with engineering services and technical advice concerning supplier issues.
DESCRIPTION OF NONESSENTIAL DUTIES: None.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Lead Electrical Engineer
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
- Requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical
- Requires experience in digital and analog circuit design and testing including switch mode power supply topologies.
- Requires experience or knowledge in programming languages C, C++, C#, and
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, customers, and
- Requires ability to use a variety of design related software packages such as CadSoft Eagle, Atmel Studio, and Visual Studio. Requires the ability to use a variety of electrical equipment such as various power supplies, a digital multimeter, electronic load, soldering iron, impedance meter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, microscope, various hand and power tools, and battery fuel gauge software
- Requires five (5) or more years of hardware design
- It is a plus if you have Experience working with smart management battery systems utilizing SMBus, HDQ, and 1- Wire communication protocols in DC
- It is a plus if you have Experience/ knowledge working with Texas Instruments battery management
- It is a plus if you have Experience/knowledge with Lithium-Ion battery technology design for safe
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
Use of electrostatic discharge and eye protection is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more of working time.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while performing testing duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The employee must occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and near the source of electric shock. The employee must occasionally travel on company business. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
QPM-002. NPC Quality Manual-Internal Safety
M-1-2. Process Management. M-1-3. Continual improvement. M-1-5. Internal Communication. M-2-1. Document Control.
M-2-4. Monitoring-Measurement Devices. M-2-5. Corrective-Preventive actions.
M-2-6. Record Management.
R-2-1. New Product Introduction.
R-2-2. Engineering Change Management. R-2-3. Engineering Change Order.
S-1-1a. Staffing Management-NPC. S-1-2. Competency Management.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.