Control Air Conditioning Corporation is looking to hire an HVAC major construction project manager with a minimum of 5 – 10 years of management experience. The project manager must have experience in managing major construction projects and staff. High rise hotels and condominiums design-build is a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project initialization and setup
- Organizing and managing document control
- Material and equipment procurement and acquisition
- Cost Engineering and Change Orders
- Prepare forecasts and labor and cash flow analysis
- Subcontractor Evaluation, Acquisition and Management
- Implement and Develop Procedures for respective project control
- Manage and mentor project engineers, field employees, and other office staff’s growth and performance through feedback and communication.
- Prepare and manage Specific procedures for start up and commissioning.
- Evaluate and manage labor status and forecasting.
- Evaluate and develop CPM schedules for tracking
- Organize and prepare project closeout documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basis of Evaluation:
- Projects consistently meet or exceed expected profit objectives.
- Effective control to manage activities for scheduling and corresponding progress billing.
- Ability to maintain costs and forecasting information in the job costing system.
- Completion of monthly progress reports including all current subcontract amounts, material purchases, and change orders.
- Timely review, approval, and submission of RFI's, requests for change orders, change orders for your projects.
- Proper documentation of all projects reflecting the flow of the project (required should we ever have cause to litigate).
- Ability to prepare for meetings to report project status and ensure clear direction
- Maintain future growth with successful project management and clientele satisfaction.
- Required Characteristics:
- Must have a strong work ethic and commitment for success.
- Must be able to evaluate situations and act accordingly toward resolution.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word and scheduling software
- 5+ years experience in mechanical contracting is required.
- Bachelor degree in a Construction Management preferred but not required.
- Must present a confident and professional image.
- Knowledge of California Building Code.
- Benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary (doe).
- Medical and dental benefits.
- 401k retirement plan.
- Life Insurance.
- Long Term Disability Insurance.
- FSA & AFLAC extra insurance.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid sick time.
Control Air is one of the largest commercial air conditioning firms in California. Our three major divisions (Major Construction, Tenant Improvement, and Service) handle a wide range of projects and services, including: office & high rise, medical, labs & clean rooms, industrial, sports facilities, retail, educational facilities, hotel, public works, retrofit, design-build, design-assist, and many others. In addition, we have our own manufacturing facilities that manufacture and distribute union-made products to the HVAC industry throughout the Western United States.
Please refer to our website at www.controlac.com for additional information.
Our corporate headquarters are in Southern California (Anaheim - just south of Los Angeles), conveniently located near several major freeways. We also have offices in San Diego and Hayward (Northern California). Our manufacturing facilities are located in Anaheim (Southern California) and Hayward (Northern California).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.