- Rocky Mount, NC 27804
- Raleigh, NC 27622
Barnhill Contracting Company’s success is built on the values, principles and vision of the man – Robert E. Barnhill, Sr. – whose name we proudly bear. Robert Barnhill built this company on a foundational belief that there is power in people. He was a motivator. A hard worker. A leader of leaders. His passion for people and his firm belief in the Golden Rule – treating others as you want to be treated – still drive us today. We are firm, flexible and honest. We do the right thing, every single time. We empower our leaders in the field to be decision makers. We are easy to work with – a core philosophy that is both intentional and deliberate. One that requires discipline. Grit. All of these qualities, along with our founder’s vision, have helped grow Barnhill Contracting Company into one of the Southeast’s leading contractors.
Our success is built from the dedicated service of each and every one of our employees. Construction is hard work – long hours and immense pressure to meet critical deadlines – and we are proud to employ the most talented group of people in the industry. When you join the Barnhill team, you become part of the Barnhill Family.
Operate a Caterpillar Motor Grader to perform various types of work such as but not limited to placing borrow material, maintaining haul roads, excavating and slope work. Also, perform rough grade and learn to fine grade task on sub-grade and stone base to meet NCDOT specifications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operating a motor grader in and around Smithfield, NC area.
- Must be able to perform walk around inspections of equipment before operation and at the end of shift.
- Be versatile in other types of heavy equipment is a plus.
- Job entails being very productive in all aspects of DOT work.
Minimum Qualifications & Training:
- Experience/seeking for minimum 3 year in finish or fine grade operation with a motor grader but will train the candidate that shows potential.
- Ability to understand grade stakes and a knowledge of GPS operation is a plus.
- Ability to abide by strict but necessary safety rules, policies and follow instructions.
- Must be a reliable/trustworthy team player.
- Maintain a good attendance and safety record.
Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
- Occasional standing and walking required.
- Ability to work long periods of time while sitting in the operator's station.
- Ability to operate equipment at recommended speeds and peaks of operation.
- Must be productive during each shift and be willing to meet the goals that are set.
- Visual activity - ability to develop a mental picture of the finished product and then execute the necessary skills to productively complete each required task.
What We Offer:
- Choice of Health Insurance options (BCBSNC)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- CareOne (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- Corporate Chaplains of America
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English