Driver / Material Handler - Cranbury
Johnstone Supply- New Jersey is a family owned HVAC/R wholesale-distributor established in 1987. Currently there are six branch locations in Northern and Central New Jersey. As we continue to expand, we are looking for individuals who love keeping up with the latest technology trends and can apply them to our industry. Join us if you’re not just looking for a job, but a long-term career to help facilitate your personal and professional growth. This position is a brand new position supporting our newest warehouse in Cranbury, NJ.
Johnstone Supply is More Than a Supply House. By joining our team, you become part of a company with an established reputation of having a knowledgeable staff, unmatched customer service, efficiency-boosting technology offerings, widespread inventory and valuable training opportunities. You will join an employee family that believes in working as a team to accomplish company goals as well as facilitating the professional growth of individual team members.
In addition to being part of a company that will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development, we also offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive pay, holidays, paid time off, extensive insurance options, 401K with an employer contribution, tuition reimbursement and employee discounts.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Loading and unloading customer orders into company vehicle, delivering products to customers, and ensuring the maintenance, upkeep, and repairs of the company vehicles and warehouse.
- Maintaining materials in good order and condition during handling, shipping, receiving and storage.
- Following designated schedules and deadlines for delivery, shipping and receiving.
- Guaranteeing that customer orders are shipped on time, to the right location, and with the right parts.
- Handling shipping/receiving activity including UPS, auto freight, “will call,” store-to-store transfers, and LTL shipments.
- Ensuring the smooth functioning of the warehouse, the shipping and receiving functions, general material handling duties, cycle counting, and inventory records accuracy.
- Confirming that returned materials are thoroughly checked for acceptability and that data entry is completed correctly.
- Participating in inventory control processes.
- Examining shipping and receiving discrepancies and damages on customer orders and product deliveries.
- Assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of all warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Performing any other duties or tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the branch manager.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license
- Medical Examiner Certificate (MEC) or be willing to obtain it.
- Organization skills and ability to monitor and prioritize numerous projects at once.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Good general knowledge of MS Excel, Word, file and document management in a Windows environment.
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience in working with limited supervision and able to make independent decisions.
- Two years’ experience in a warehouse and/or distribution facility of HVAC or related field.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- RF Scanner experience preferred
- Forklift experience
- Previous experience with OSHA and safety regulations and procedures.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.