Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Johnstone Supply- New Jersey is a family owned HVAC/R wholesale-distributor established in 1987. Currently there are six branch locations in Northern and Central New Jersey. As we continue to expand, we are looking for an individual who understands the power of technology to transform businesses and is confident with finding and deploying new tools.
The Warehouse and Distribution Manager role will see you entrusted with the keys to our warehouse, transportation, and safety functions. You will be hard pressed to find another job like this, being the first person in this role, you will take ownership of the warehouse logistics and supply chain functions and you’ll work with an incredible bunch of people to help grow Johnstone Supply. You will have the honor of being our first ever Warehouse and Distribution Manager, reporting to and working alongside our Director of Operations.
As a fast-growing business, the challenge is to make sure our warehouse function is running efficiently, cost-effectively and with a high quality of service and performance across the board. With a mountain of projects on the go, we will look to your hands-on, as well as strategic abilities to lead and execute them to success.
Johnstone Supply is More Than a Supply House. By joining our team, you become part of a company with an established reputation of having a knowledgeable staff, unmatched customer service, efficiency-boosting technology offerings, widespread inventory and valuable training opportunities. You will join an employee family that believes in working as a team to accomplish company goals as well as facilitating the professional growth of individual team members.
The successful Warehouse and Distribution Manger at Johnstone Supply NJ will look at the below list of responsibilities and projects and feel like it’s what they need to find career satisfaction.
- Drive the development of project plans for the warehouse and distribution functions; updating technology systems, procedures, profit improvement plans, communication plans, reporting systems and enforcing effective change control.
- Achieve warehouse financial objectives by producing forecasts, preparing annual budgets and scheduling expenditures.
- Identify smart business initiatives through the help of data and statistics.
- Effectively communicate roles and responsibilities in a matrixed environment and facilitate the engagement of staff to accomplish excellent team performance.
- Bring to life new Johnstone Supply locations by developing the warehouse planning layouts, product flow, product handling systems and evaluating and recommending new equipment. There will be a continuous effort to modify (as needed) current warehousing facilities as well as looking to the future for continued company expansions.
- Restructure warehouse health/safety and security plans.
- Standardize proper product handling and storage requirements, as well as developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Taking a sponge-like mentality to gaining subject matter expertise by taking an interest in various educational opportunities.
- Review contracts, invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
A bit about you:
- We need someone who has completed a college/university program in business administration or in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance; or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in administration or maintenance.
- We all know there’s nothing quite like real life experience and it’d be great if you have several, (10+) years of progressively responsible experience in facilities, operations or maintenance.
- Knowledge of the HVAC wholesale industry is a plus.
- We’d like someone who has previous experience with OSHA.
- We’re looking for a smart problem solver who can learn the ins and outs of our business swiftly and see the opportunity to make an impact.
- You’re tech and data obsessed.
- You’re focused, disciplined and super organized.
- You’re able to maintain momentum on our big picture goals and projects and also jump into day to day tasks. You take the lead for your team and can make a big, long list feel manageable and less daunting for others. While also keeping on top of your own work and ensuring that critical deadlines are met.
- You build strong relationships with and between your staff (warehouse and supervisory personnel), motivating, developing and directing them (and identifying the best people for the job).
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.