Donnelly Mechanical, an ENGIE company, is New York City’s premier provider of innovative commercial HVAC service, maintenance and construction. With over 30 years’ experience and 200+ employees, we serve New York City’s most prominent commercial organizations across a variety of sectors including data centers, healthcare facilities, Class-A office spaces and commercial real estate management firms.
The Special Projects Division specializes in all HVAC equipment replacements, designs and upgrades. The Assistant Project Manager (APM) for Special Projects will work alongside the lead Project Manager to ensure all jobs are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner. The APM will be responsible for pre-construction activity, submittal and engineering processes, field labor and productivity, quality control, material and equipment procurement, monthly financial analysis and projections, change order management, customer relations, cash flow and inter-office personnel management. This position offers exciting career advancement and growth opportunity. Over time, the APM will gradually assume the role of a Project Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain communication between the field, sub-contractors and corporate office personnel
- Monitor on-site field operations, subcontractor work activities and reporting/resolving employee concerns
- Ensure job site employees and sub-contractors maintain a safe work environment
- Track equipment after release to ensure timely delivery to the jobsite
- Provide weekly assessment and status updates to Supervisor
- Evaluate job progress and tracking against budgets across project lifecycle
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends to ensure a competitive advantage on best practices
- Understand the needs of each client by building relationships with key stakeholders and educate them on Donnelly’s additional HVAC service offerings
Position Requirements/Experience/ Education
- 1-3 years in the HVAC or project management field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform basic business/accounting mathematical functions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Work with a variety of people/personalities in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to plan and organize work and coordinate amongst the project team
- Basic knowledge of contracting regulations, practices and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office, ERP Software and Dropbox
- Accounting Software (Davisware/GE) and Construction Software (Blubeam, Procore, BuildingConnected, etc.) knowledge a plus
Benefits and Culture:
Our employees play a major role in our success and we value them. Many of our employees have been with us for over 10 years. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and profit sharing plans.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.