Scientific Director / Laboratory Director
Keystone Laboratory Inc. - Asheville, NC
An exciting and challenging opportunity awaits a highly qualified Scientific Director in one of the most beautiful areas in the country, Asheville, NC.
About Wolfe, Inc. /Keystone Laboratory Inc.
WOLFE, Inc. / Keystone Laboratory Inc., has been in the business of drug detection and workplace protection for nearly 30 years. We provide a comprehensive array of instant drug testing products and accessories, lab services, background screening, program management and training services for organizations of every size and type. In all we do, our number-one objective is to help all of our customers achieve a safe, drug-free workplace—and to do so better and more cost-effectively than anyone else.
While Asheville retains the charm and friendliness of a medium-sized city, it boasts the amenities of a much larger city. Theater, live music, festivals, excellent restaurants, diverse populations, art galleries, cultural diversions and museums abound. Eclectic art galleries, micro-breweries and cozy cafes can be found at every turn. A food lover's paradise, culinary offerings range from traditional southern comfort food to four-star cuisine. Asheville is also home to America's largest privately-owned home, the Biltmore Estate, and the historic Grove Park Inn. Downtown Asheville is pedestrian-friendly and dog-friendly, and the city’s unique skyline of art-deco style buildings are surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
The Scientific Director position involves providing scientific direction internally to our laboratory staff and externally to our clients. This position is responsible for the quality control of all laboratory projects through peer review and final sign off procedures. The Scientific Director functions as one of our subject matter experts and plays a pivotal role in the development of our laboratory by providing support to the different segments within Keystone Laboratory. She/he will be involved in the management of all laboratory staff and any personnel-related issues with the assistance of the HR Manager.
Education and Core Competencies
- PhD or MD
- Must be certified through the American Board of Clinical Chemistry ABCC (TC) or
The American Board of Forensic Toxicology (F - ABFT).
- Must meet Laboratory Director Qualifications specified in the CAP regulations and required by states of License.
- A minimum of 2 years professional management experience in a laboratory setting.
- Detailed knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory requirements pertaining to clinical laboratory operations and experience hosting clinical laboratory inspections.
- Experience in LC/MS/MS Method Development that translates into an active bench support person for method development personnel.
- Experience in establishing new laboratory facilities and processes.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
Favorable Background Check and Passing Drug Test required for employment.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.