- Level 1 – Must be able to achieve many objectives of this position. Requires some amount of timely supervision to ensure the proper tasks are being accomplished and that communication is adequate, timely, in the correct manner (i.e. verbal, written, email, etc.)
- Level 2 - Consistently achieves all of the objectives of this position. This individual also provides mentoring and direct day-to-day supervision to level 1 positions.
- Senior - Highly experienced in the position. Has advanced skills at laying out and managing others. Has a good understanding of the hardware associated with Security & Life Safety system equipment. Understands basic theory behind building systems operations and can assist in troubleshooting both installation and operation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret Climatec’s and other’s drawings to productively install Security & Life Safety systems.
- Install conduit and wire for Security & Life Safety systems.
- Accurately terminate low voltage wiring for Security & Life Safety systems.
- Support installation personnel on project sites.
- Provide information and support for other contractors on project site.
- Assist as required troubleshooting efforts during either the start up or commissioning of building Security & Life Safety systems.
- Provide support to Climatec and other contractors to solve building operating issues that go beyond the Security & Life Safety system operation.
- Provide input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, and installation for building systems.
- Provide documentation including daily reports, etc. as required for assigned projects.
- Assist in preparing of As-built drawings and Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Provide up-to-date red-lines / as-built information as required including locations for readers, cameras, panels, recorders, cabling path, etc.
- Level 2 and Senior Field Installers inspect work done by other Climatec employees or subcontractors to ensure all of our work is per code and meets acceptable levels of craftsmanship.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Two years of low voltage installation in controls or special systems preferred.
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by local management.
- Experience and expertise including but not limited to:
- An understanding of basic computer operation.
- A clear ability to work with electrical equipment such as volt meters, amp meters, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical, control, and special system diagrams.
- A working understanding of low and high voltage AC circuitry including transformers, fuses, breakers, multi-phase power, etc.
- An understanding of the construction industry including safety, electrical codes, etc.
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- An ability to understand empathetically the issues and perceptions others have and to creatively and successfully work through these issues to achieve a successful outcome and customer and employee satisfaction.
- Be able to lift and carry ladders, drawings, personal computers, material, etc.
- Be able to spend significant time standing and walking on construction sites.
- Be able to climb several flights of stairs or ladders throughout a typical day on a construction site.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, per Climatec’s vehicle policy, allows the individual to drive a company vehicle.
- Be physically able to kneel, stoop and crawl.
- Other duties as assigned.
Flexible Spending Accounts
401K w/ company match
Employee Assistance Program
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.