West Plains LLC is an agricultural commodity trading business specializing in warehouse operation, risk management, and transportation with a focus on creating value for the company’s producers and consumers. Our customers depend on us to provide market insight, risk management, and logistics support. We are federally licensed and bonded warehouse men that trade whole grains, feed ingredients, freight, and other commodities within North America.
West Plains, LLC owns and operates 24 grain elevators, with approximately 30 million bushels of storage capacity, across four states: Nebraska, South Dakota, Colorado, and Wyoming. Additionally, West Plains has an active merchandising business located in Kansas City, Missouri. The Company is proud to be a part of the BioUrja Group of Companies, which has a focus on energy and grains commodities supply and trading. To know more about Biourja Group of Companies follow our website www.biourja.com.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate safely within West Plains policy, procedures, and governmental regulations
- Perform critical operations to keep facility running: loading/unloading grain elevator, perform cleaning and maintenance
- Other grain handling including but not limited to, filling /reclaiming of ground piles, transferring, etc.
- Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include elevators, grounds, buildings, etc.
- Monitor equipment to ensure it's in good working order, participate in the overall maintenance of the facility and equipment
- Build lasting customer relations
- Work effectively with the team to foster a safe and efficient work environment
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Grain experience a plus!
- Willing to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays during peak seasons
- Able to climb on a regular basis, no fear of heights
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Frequently required to climb, stand, walk, and stoop
- Frequently required to lift 50 lbs
West Plains Benefits
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits
- 15 days paid vacation per year minimum
- Overtime hours are regularly available
- 401k match after 2 months
- Training in safe job function
- Coaching from peers and supervisors
- Competitive Pay
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.