BACKGROUND & POSITION OVERVIEW
TECTRAN is a fast-growing manufacturer of pneumatic & electrical systems, supplying aftermarket & OEM customers in the Heavy-Duty Truck, Trailer & Bus markets throughout North America and for export located in Buffalo NY.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, hard-working, fun-loving people with the desire to solve problems. Our people are differentiated by their high energy and do-what-it-takes attitude. We see ourselves as one team working together with a passion to serve the customer first.
Our Marketing Department has an opening for a Product Specialist, who will be responsible for maintaining and growing multiple product lines. Your work will typically be a mix of long-term and short-term projects. Due to the broad scope of responsibilities, projects and daily tasks will often vary widely and you will be expected to prioritize appropriately and exercise professional judgement.
As a Product Specialist, you will frequently interact directly with other professionals in departments including Sales, Production, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, and Operations. A premium is placed on effective communication and collaboration skills; the ability to build relationships “horizontally” will be critical to your success at Tectran. You will sometimes interact directly with customers and vendors as well.
- Product Line Development: Tectran Manufacturing is an innovator that takes pride in solving customers’ problems and making products better. As a Product Specialist, you play in integral role in the product development process from start to finish. These projects take many forms including:
-Configuring new manufactured products
-Maintaining and expanding vendor sourced product lines
-Managing changes designed to enhance existing products
- Forecasting: Use software to create a sales forecast for your assigned product lines in order to drive procurement and budgetary activities. Integrate sales and market data to increase accuracy.
- Pricing: Conduct pricing exercises of varying size and scope. These tasks include annual pricing reviews, pricing new products, creating promotions, and managing margins and positioning to optimize profitability.
- Marketing Materials: Tectran actively maintains a website, numerous print catalogs, and a wide array of other materials. As a Product Specialist, you will be relied on as a technical resource and are responsible for providing direction to our digital marketing team on materials related to your products and initiatives. Specific activities may include creating outlines, copywriting, editing, proofreading, and giving general creative guidance.
- Merchandising: Tectran is a collaborative partner with our retailers and distributors so we engage in a variety of projects to support their merchandising and selling efforts. You will contribute to a variety of merchandising initiatives in an effort to enhances these relationships and drive sales.
- Training: This includes preparing training materials for others to use and planning and conducting your own training sessions on your products and related information. This may be internal (our sales team, customer service, etc.) or external (customers, end users, etc.).
- Industry and Competitor Analysis: Staying current with industry trends and the actions of our competitors is critical for making informed decisions. This is an ongoing process that may take the form of interacting with our sales group, customer outreach, attending trade shows, conducting research, and performing hands-on product analysis and comparison.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Product Specialist (or other Product focused role), or in Marketing or Sales
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, or related field of study or Associates Degree with 3+ years’ experience
- Strong analytical skills and computer acumen, especially with MS Office programs
- Demonstrated skill in working effectively with peers and with other functional areas in the business
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience in an aftermarket parts industry, especially Heavy-Duty Truck or Automotive, is a plus
- Employer contribution toward group Health Plan
- Voluntary Dental
- Life Insurance
- Supplementary Insurance Plans
- Tuition and Position Relevant Certification and Education Reimbursement
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.