Platt College in Moore, OK is a seeking part-time adjunct General Education Instructor to teach Microbiology courses in their programs. This is an excellent opportunity to use your experience and knowledge in your field to teach others seeking education and training.
Instructors are responsible for teaching students in our training programs in classroom and hands-on lab settings, ensuring that they gain the knowledge and skills that are required for entry-level employment in their chosen field. Instructors are also responsible for sound educational practices and the academic development of each student. Instructors will also manage their classroom environment and promote a positive and engaging learning experience, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. Instructors are to “model" the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of our students.
- Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged classroom experience to students.
- Ensure that each student has been presented with the material to successfully meet the learning objectives of each course within a student’s program of study
- Ensure that instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, are properly maintained and are in working order prior to class time
- Participate in ongoing faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaged classroom experience for all students; maintain required certification and license
- Actively participate in meetings, review and analyze assessment data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines
- Ensure campus compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory bodies’ guidelines, along with internal policies of the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors's degree with at least 12 hours of college-level courses in Biology from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as required by specific program standards.
- Must be certified or licensed where required by law
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse groups of employees and customers
- Demonstration of highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all aspects, including appearance, demeanor, and attitude
- Ability to work in an observation/coaching style environment
- Capability to prioritize, accept responsibility, and work within deadlines
- Superior organizational and problem-resolution skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Solid computer software skills including Microsoft Office
- Master's degree in the subject area from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as required by specific program standards.
- Previous experience teaching in an education setting and/or experience with training employees within the industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, and accreditation regulations applicable to the proprietary education industry
Campus is licensed by OBPVS
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.