Thomas & Hutton is a growing, well-established civil engineering firm providing consulting services throughout the southeast. We are an award-winning company that has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Georgia and South Carolina. Some of our many services include Civil, Environmental, Structural and Marine Engineering; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; Geographic Information Systems and Construction Administration.
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for an experienced CADD Technician with a demonstrated background of progressively challenging civil engineering projects, in our Savannah, GA office. Candidates must have working knowledge of computer-aided drafting and design (CADD) software, preferably Civil 3D, and equipment, to provide high-level support to the design team by preparing layouts, detail drawings, preliminary and final drawings, sketches, and diagrams as needed for permitting and construction. This position will be involved on a daily basis with creating drawings and construction plans for civil engineering projects related to commercial development, subdivisions, and site planning.
- Prepares computer-generated civil engineering drawings and exhibits according to established standards and procedures.
- Completes detailed drawings from sketches, plans, specifications, and written and verbal instructions using computer-aided drafting programs.
- Assists members of the design team with the preparation of construction plans, exhibits, and other graphics and completes simple calculations with specific instructions.
- Understands and follows the company’s standard CADD procedures for layering and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Communicates with other team members regarding project schedules and offers progress reports.
- Develops skills and proficiency in the use of computer-aided design software for the completion of basic coordinate geometry, earthwork, hydrologic and hydraulic calculations.
- Provides occasional input regarding company graphic standards and procedures.
Education: Minimum of high school, technical school training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience
Experience: 3+ years’ experience using AutoCAD, preferably Civil 3d in an engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software applications.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work a regular schedule of 730AM - 530PM Mon-Thurs and 730AM - 1130AM Fri, occasional evenings and weekends may be required
- Proven ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks
- Highly client service oriented, self-starter, and team player
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent time management skills
Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Hutton’s Mission Statement, “Relationships and Solutions for Success” describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients, but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend, and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for by Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Visit www.thomasandhutton.com to learn more.
Some of our many benefits include:
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
Professional Development Benefits
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese