Full-Time Hourly Rate: $17/hour on weekdays, $20/hour on weekends
When you join the Homemakers team, you will be part of an established company with a 40-year tradition of providing quality products to our customers, as well as a family and growth-oriented company culture for our employees. You’ll find a wide variety of opportunities for development and advancement with Homemakers, as well as set schedule options, competitive pay, and a fantastic benefits package.
Here is just some of what we have to offer our full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax health and dependent care accounts
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (including Nebraska Furniture Mart)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Closed most major holidays
- Advancement opportunities
Position Summary: Responsible for getting the right product to the right customer at the scheduled time and engaging with customer as the representative of Homemakers throughout the day.
Essential Position Accountabilities:
- Driving throughout the state and metropolitan area using maps and directions
- Load and secure product inside the truck
- Customer focused and building long-term relationships with the customers you deliver to
- Lifting product up to 75-100 lbs. for deliveries
- Ability to use company tablet to complete delivery transactions
- Use a variety material handling equipment in performing duties
- Provides feedback to management regarding efficiencies, safety, productivity, etc.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures
- The above responsibilities and additional duties may vary as assigned
Education/Work Experience Required:
- High School or GED
- Delivery experience
- Valid driver’s license with: No DWI convictions within the last seven years AND no more than two moving violations and/or accidents in the last seven years
- Must be 21 years of age
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Minor maintenance skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work extra hours as business needs
- Initiative to follow through on routine and scheduled maintenance tasks
- Driving truck
- Hand movements, simple grasping, firm grasping, and fine manipulating
- Weight carried or lifted 75-100 lbs.
- Push/Pull/Maneuver Equipment/Products/Material weighing from 1-100 lbs.
- Must be able to work at varying heights
- Work inside/outside of store, warehouse grounds, and building facilities
- Some exposure to hot/cold weather conditions
- Dusty surroundings and noisy work environment
- Respect - Follows Homemakers Core Values of honesty and integrity, customer loyalty, quality products and services, teamwork and cost effectiveness.
- Motivation - Commitment to the assigned task. Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. A self-starter. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Willing to work with a sense of urgency. Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Teamwork - Demonstrates a willingness to work with a team.
- Adaptability - Demonstrates a willingness to adapt to changing circumstances and work flow.
- Attendance - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Please Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical/lift test are required
Homemakers is a tobacco – and drug free workplace. EOE
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.