- Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
- Charlotte, NC 28269
MEARS GROUP, INC.
Job Title: IT Help Desk Technician
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provides software and network support, training and troubleshooting in a networked microcomputer environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all functions may apply)
- Acts as software support to the company, providing technical assistance to all employees.
- Responds to user requests for service and determines nature and extent of support needed.
- Provides support or refers to the appropriate staff member.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of software used throughout the company.
- Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
- Creates and installs new programming
- Configures and ships new workstations, laptops, and surface tablets to their respective operations unit.
- Contacts software vendors to obtain specifications, pricing, and other purchase related information needed to guide departments in their selection of software.
- Trains users in startup, basic and advanced software programs.
- Design, install and maintain data backup systems and disaster recovery.
- Install and maintain network wiring, switches, hubs, routers and wireless access points.
- Travel maybe required in the performance of these duties.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Preserve and grown your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services.
- Other duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all functions may apply)
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task
- Great customer service skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office physical demands which can include: the ability to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend and walk. The ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds. Ability to sit for sustained periods of time.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.