Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
Assist the plumber and plumbing foreman to assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of water, waste and vent, and gas piping systems according to specifications and plumbing codes. Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings using hand tools and power tools. Assist to assemble and install valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metal, iron, steel, brass, plastic, etc. Join pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, compression, etc. Assist the plumber to fill the system with air or water and read pressure gauges to determine whether the system is leaking. Help with the installation and repair of plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, lavatories, water closets, bathtubs, showers, water heaters, roof drains, garbage disposals, water softeners, floor drains, trench drains, etc. Assist the plumber to repair and maintain all types of plumbing fixtures and open clogged drain lines. Help install underground water, sewer and gas lines. Candidate will be driving to and from a job site and will carry tools and materials to the work site.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record is required.
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all types of hand tools.
- Experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to get along with fellow workers, other tradesmen on job site, inspectors and the public.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and excellent attendance.
- Properly use safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
MB Hayes Is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Click the Apply button above to start the process.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese